Sunday, November 22, 2009

Yummy popularity!


I am one of the most popular women on campus these days. It's an enjoyable experience. All the girls are coming by to visit and they all want to know, "Do you have it?" Oh yeah, I got it.

I am the sole member of our high school community in possession of the newest novel in the Blue Bloods saga by Melissa de la Cruz.

Now those of you not surrounded by teenagers on a day to day basis may not realize who or what the Blue Bloods are. Allow me to fill you in. The Blue Bloods are vampires. There are 400 of them and they recycle in and out of everyday world. They age, they eat, they live and work. At the end of their life, their blood (sagre azul) is saved until the next cycle.

Now, whether or not you know a teenager, you have at least seen the recent Twilight phenom with all the screaming girls AND their moms. Well, that phenom has spread. All things vampire are H-O-T, hot! That means that books such as Blue Bloods and Vampire Diaries are huge in high school libraries. Vampire Diaries has even turned into a smash-hit TV show. Our media center can't keep the books on the shelves--I have girls asking to go to the library every day.

So I have become very popular. I'm kinda hoarding the book. I tore through the first three so fast that I can't seem to get into the newest installment. So I have been rereading. I started at the very beginning earlier this week, and this afternoon I cracked open my copy of the third novel, Revelations. Then I'll be reading to seek my teeth into The Van Alen Legacy, pun intended.

If anyone wants to donate, say, five copies of the book to my classroom library, that would be greatly appreciated. I mean, it is the Christmas season, after all.

And if you're worried that there's nothing out their for the boys, I'm also taking donations of graphic novels. They can't get enough of them.

No comments: