Sunday, November 29, 2009

Not near enough couch time...

Tomorrow is Monday. I am not ready. I have not had near enough couch time.

Since I've gone back into the classroom this year, I find myself a virtual veggie almost every weekend. I don't go out of town if it means traveling on Sunday. I empty my DVR instead. I enjoy the fire, the dog draped over my feet, a good murder series on the TV (or Christmas movies this time of year), and lots of couch time. I haven't gotten near enough couch time this break.

You may think I'm lazy. And it is possible. I consider it mental health work. My couch time saves the poor children.

This break has been pretty busy. It started with friends' Thanksgiving on Tuesday--lots of food, friends, and fun. Late night fun. After sleeping in on Wednesday, I spent most of the day on the couch and topped it off with a trip home for a trivia game. Then I was on the road all day Thursday. Friday was taken up by decorating for Christmas and Saturday was consumed by dancing around the living room every time South Carolina got a first down. So there was no rest for the weary.

I'm headed back tomorrow to start cramming for the end of semester district exam. I've been following the prescribed curriculum, but I'm not convinced that they are ready for any sort of standardized test. It's time to start talking testing language and inferences and point-of-view, oh my. So whether I'm rested or not, it's back to the grind first thing tomorrow morning.

In the meantime, I'm going to sit on my couch and watch the few shows left in my DVR. I consider it the sacrifice I have to make for the children.

No comments: