Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Too much wildlife in my life!

There is officially too much wildlife in my life. Last week there was a snake in my classroom. This week there are definitely some wild animals and the mice are taking over my pantry at home!

There is going to be a full moon this Friday, but I think it's hit room 303 early. There isn't any one thing that I can put my finger on. There isn't any one person that I can pull aside and deal with. My students are just all over the place. I'm doing my best song and dance to make author's purpose engaging, but I feel like it's in vain. There's a better show going on elsewhere in the room than the one that I am putting on. And it is really frustrating.

I've called the parents. Or at least I have called the ones that I have names and numbers for. I had to call one back today--after calling home and saying such wonderful things about little Billy--to tell her that little Billy was being a big pill. Shame on me for not letting the poor child put his head down and do nothing.

The one highlight in my hump day tomorrow is that I am leaving school early. I have last block planning and I am coming home to meet the exterminator! There are mice in my pantry--I swear when I opened the door it was going to sprout wings and fly into my face this evening. They are ignoring the trap and getting braver by the day. So I'm calling in the professionals.

Too bad I'm supposed to be the professional in room 303. It might be nice to have some backup.

No comments: