Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Nearing the end of the first semester...

I have been a slack blogger. It's been since October 30th since I've blogged at all. I haven't been near as slack of a teacher as I have been a blogger.

At least I don't think that I have been.

We are nearing the end of first semester. Yay! Although I despise cold weather, I do love the Christmas break that inevitably comes along with it. It will be nice to sit at home for two weeks and NOT think about lesson plans or engagement or reading logs. And, it must be said, at this point, we all need a vacation from each other.

At this point last week, I could feel the thunder clouds growing over my head as soon as I got out of my car. I could feel by brow tense up. I've been wound so tight that I should go ahead and start saving for the botox that is going to be inevitable if Christmas break doesn't hurry up and get here.

Just when I think I'm going to spend my life in jail for murdering some innocent child that made me repeat myself for the upteenth time, something funny happens to remind me why I got into this biz in the first place.

Have you ever sat in a classroom with food and the teacher asked you if you had enough for everyone? Of course that means put it up, put it up now. But I'll think twice before I assume that I'll get what I want when I ask that question. This morning, the student picked up his bookbag, dug around, and pulled out a sucker for everyone.

Yes, he did have enough for everyone. And he was willing to share.

No comments: