Thursday, December 09, 2010

Making a list, and checking it twice...

And the list of naughty students is doubling! Where did all the nice ones go?

We have one more day this week and sometimes I wonder if I'll make it. We are in the midst of a deep freeze, exams are looming, and my students either don't care or are so overwhelmed that they can't possibly juggle everything that has to be done.

'Tis the season, eh?

I am noticing that students are snappier than they typically are. They have been quicker to be disrespectful and not near quick enough to back down and say "yes, ma'am." Where is the Christmas spirit?

I'm going to join in this Grinch-ish behavior by giving a vocabulary test tomorrow. Let's keep them busy on the Friday before exams. Hopefully the weekend will get them settled down for one more week.

No comments: