Thursday, April 09, 2009

Yay, spring break!

Is anyone else enjoying spring break as much as I am? So far, I've visited Sullivan's Island and Garden City. I'll redo Sully's this weekend. I'm thoroughly enjoying this break and looking forward to a four-day work week when we return. What is it about this time of the year that makes no one want to go to school? Students just think that they are the only ones that struggle during this time of the year.

My favorite thing about spring used to be teaching Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it. There's a lesson for everyone...but especially high school seniors. They have a lot to learn from the elderly and this book helps them be ready to receive it. I loved the warm weather because I was able to teach it and be outside at the same time. High school seniors will listen to anything if you can sit outside while you do it.

So enjoy this warm weather. Read a book. If you haven't read something by Mitch Albom, check one of his works out immediately. He's awesome.

No comments: