Thursday, April 30, 2009

It might be swine flu...it's probably just spring fever...

So I actually live in the little town with two "probable" cases of swine flu. A neighboring school cancelled a soccer match with us because of the fear of flu. I feel an aching right now deep in my bones--a deep desire to be at home on the couch or out in the yard or even on the beach. I don't think it's swine flu--I think it's spring fever.

It is as hard for the teachers as it is for the students to stay motivated at this time of the year. The weather is nice; things are winding down. There are better places to be than in a building with 800 teenagers. I wish they would realize that we struggle at this time of year to. It seems that teenagers believe that just because we teach, we love being here all the time and have no other life. Seriously? I miss the beach! I wanna lay around and do nothing.

Oh well. It's not swine flu, so I guess I'll tough it out. A little spring fever never killed anyone, did it?

No comments: