Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Making you a reader...

I want to make each of you a reader. I've read posts on why you don't have time to read. Now tell me what I can do to make you a reader!

I have recently read research on read-alouds in the secondary classroom. These articles tell me that I can help encourage you to read more by exposing you to more literature through read-alouds. I can choose novels, poetry, articles, essays, etc. that interest me and share them with you. What do you think about this? Should I try it?

2 comments:

Dianne Hartness said...

Hesper---I am so glad that I could give you something that helped! That really makes me feel great. I'm glad that you are enjoying Piedmont...I know that you will excel at whatever you put your mind to! Good luck and keep me posted!

Dianne Hartness said...

Steph--I think that's a great idea! I'll look for us to have a reading day when we finish the research project and we'll bring in books to read aloud from and then just spend the rest of the class reading. (And maybe we can eat, too!)