Friday, November 26, 2004

Recommended Reading

On the last recommended reading post, there were some great titles thrown out. Be sure you read through people's posts as you get ready to make your own. The best person to recommend a good book is someone who has something in common with you. Here are some of the titles that stuck out to me. Feel free to add you own.

Blood and Chocolate--I haven't read this one, but I've never met anyone who didn't like it.

Bleachers--I love this Grisham book. I thought it was amazing! If you enjoy sports at all, check this one out. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Harry Potter--I've read all the Harry Potter books, although I only actually own one. My goal is to slowly buy all of them, b/e they are awesome books. If reading isn't your thing, check this one out.

Drama Queen--Haven't read this one, but if it takes someone who hates reading and entertains them then it can't be all that bad. Check the Young Adult Book Award Nominees section in the library. You would be surprised at how contemporary these books can be.

It Happened to Nancy--I haven't read this one yet. I've been meaning to, just haven't gotten around to it. I hear great things about it so I'll recommend it. But its very serious and emotional. I mean, imagine being 14 and being diagnosed with AIDS. The thing about this story is, though, its true.

Shattering Glass--Gail Giles is probably my favorite young adult authors these days. You can find this book and Dead Girls Don't Write Letters in our library. They are very popular though. If you like R.L. Stine, you'll get into these two books. But Stine's books can often follow a formula...they all start to sound alike. These books are out there and will keep you reading for hours.

No comments: