Thursday, September 09, 2004

Tuesdays with Morrie

I just finished Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom. My eyes hurt b/c the end is so moving and emotional. I'll continue to share parts of this book with you throughout the year. I think it has some wonderful lessons to teach.

What book has moved you? What book has changed your life or the way that you think? Are you still looking for that book? I've read some powerful works of literature--A Vindication of the Rights of Women by Mary Wollstonecraft; The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran; The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff; The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath...I'll add Mitch Albom's book to the list of books that have influenced me. Tell me about your list.

2 comments:

Dianne Hartness said...

HEATHER--I have read The Wedding. I'm a really big Sparks fan. I've read all his books. If you haven't read The Guardian, then I highly recommend it. You should pick up The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom. They have a copy in the library and I think you would like it.

ASHLEY--There are McDaniels books on my shelf in the room. Check them out.

STEPHEN--You should read The Tao of Pooh or The Prophet. I think you would enjoy both of those and they would challenge you intellectually.

Dianne Hartness said...

Steph--I highly recommend this book and the other by Albom, THE FIVE PEOPLE YOU MEET IN HEAVEN. (I read that one on the bus to NY last spring.) Its important though to be open to what the books have to teach you and to read carefully to catch the lessons. I mentioned to you today that I was going to have to read TUESDAYS WITH MORRIE again b/c I am such a quick reader and there is so much to take from that book. I'll read it again and you should read it and then we'll chat! ;)