Monday, August 20, 2012

A New Year, A New Me!

Since the new school year is here, I'm starting with some simple resolutions to be a better person, both professionally and personally.  It is the start of my 13th year and I am determined to make this one the best yet! 

Here is my hodge podge of new school year resolutions:
1) Blog more.  This has the potential to be a great resource, if I can carve out time to use it.  And since it is professional writing, then what better time to blog than during my coaching time? 

2) More classroom observations.  One of the most powerful tools an instructional coach has is constructive feedback.  But that involves getting in to classrooms as often as possible.  Getting in classrooms will help me build a rapport with both teachers and students, that which is so very important in giving appropriate feedback.

3) Less soda, more water.  This one is personal, but feeling good is going to help me professionally.  Notice I didn't say no soda, just less.  By improving my diet, I'll be able to push hard for the entire day, instead of falling short of where I need to be.

4)  Be more organized.  I have gotten off to a great start by being ready for my students before they walked through the door today.  It took three hours on a Saturday, but I will reap the rewards all year long by getting the year off to a good start.

So I'm well on track to meet my goals for the new school year.  I love starting fresh and starting over--we all need new chances.

No comments: