Friday, February 12, 2010

A New Computer on a Snow/Furlough Day

It's snowing in South Carolina! Woo hoo! I'm sure kids are going crazy right now, but we are out today. Like many other states around the country, we have no money. My district alone has furloughed teachers for two days and administrators for four. We may be looking at as many as three more days. Part time job, anyone?

So I decided to celebrate the pending snowstorm and cut in my paycheck by going out and spending the tax return that hasn't come in yet. I have fourteen days to decide if I like this or not--I went with a brand that I was not familiar with, but had the lowest PC return rate--and so far me likey!

So on this furlough day, I'm sitting in the corner of my couch with the DVR showing this week's Private Practice and watching the snow dance down from the skies and land lightly on the tops of the privacy fence outside the window. Snow is so quiet...so peaceful...and at this stage, so clean. I know that I only love it because it has been nearly seven years since we got any decent snow in this part of the state. It's a good day. The economy sucks, but maybe the snow will come down and wash all worries away...

No comments: