Saturday, August 07, 2004

Read any good books recently?

I read some awesome books this summer, but I am always looking for new ones. Let me know if you have any good books that you recomend. But also tell me why you recommend them! :)

Here's some that I read and liked:
The Scandalous Summer of Sissy LeBlanc--This one was REALLY good! Takes place in Louisiana and is about a bored housewife and her high school flame. Not too gushy on the romance and even has some suspense in it.

Just Like You Only Prettier--This is a collection of columns from a Myrtle Beach journalist. They deal with Southern life and are really funny.

The Five People You Meet in Heaven--This one by Mitch Albom (who some of you may have seen on ESPN) deals with life after death. Its a pretty good guess at what could happen. I read this one in a bout a day, its not too long.

Savannah from Savannah--This book deals with life after college for a girl who wants to get out from under her mother, but then realizes that her mother may just be great. Its got a little intrigue to it, too.

No comments: